Festivals are associated with music. Gurupurnima is a festival dedicated to Guru, the teacher who guides us through the bright path of knowledge. The process of learning from the teacher is celebrated on this day by expression of gratitude to Guru. Two beautiful songs are learnt in this course as a tribute to Guru.
This course has 6 instructor led sessions.
- To do Swar Sadhana with Shuddh Swaras.
- To learn the Bhajan Jai Guru Omkara
- To learn/review the Theka of Bhajan Taal and Keherva
- To learn the Bhajan Guru Kripanjan
- To learn the meanings of compositions
- To sing the songs within the Taal structure with an insight into emotions conveyed by these songs
Jai Guru Omkara
- Jai Guru Omkara words and explanation
- Taal Keherva
- Jai Guru Omkara Learning
- Guru Kripanjan Words and explanation
- Guru Kripanjan Learning
- Bhajan Taal
- Kabir- a brief note about the saint poet's works
The student is able to
- Sing different Swara patterns and Alankar that aid Swar Sadhana and skill development
- Present Jai Guru Omkara with Sur and Taal
- Present Guru Kripanjan with Sur and Taal
- Introduce the songs with meaning of words