Shankar Mahadevan Academy’s mission is to spread the Joy of Music. The Academy looks for passionate and enthusiastic teachers who take students through their musical journey with guidance and care. This position requires the individual to be highly motivated and dedicated to imparting knowledge with a single-minded focus to imbibe and hone the latent talent of students in the Academy. The teacher will promote and nurture the education of students by planning lessons of study according to guidelines, monitoring, assisting with the academic efforts of the student and providing a safe environment conducive to learning.
Location : Anywhere in the World This position is for an online music teacher, based out of home-office or academy offices.
Engagement: Teacher would be required to work as per timeslots provided by the Academy. These would be a total of 40 hours per week in case of full-time & 20 hours per week in case of part time.
Work Timings for the CV teacher : Teachers will be required to be flexible for the following timeslots. Please note that this is our current requirement.
Weekends - 4am-10am & 5pm-11pm
- Must enroll and complete the Teacher Training Certification (TCC101) successfully. This course is required by the Academy to be completed to quality as a teacher of the Shankar Mahadevan Academy
- Must have a laptop, high speed uninterrupted internet connection & UPS
- Must have a good headset with Mic & a WebCam
- BA in music or equivalent diploma or certificate in music
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in teaching music
- Excellent command over Carnatic Classical
- Collaborative teaching skills
- Comfort with technology (using the internet/computers)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good classroom management capability
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Presentation skills
- Self- motivated and ability to motivate others
- Good listening skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Educate students by planning and course of study according to curriculum guidelines of the academy.
- Imparts quality learning to the students & monitors, assists and grades student results by preparing assignments conducting standardized tests in collaboration with the course director.
- Ability to match the course pace along with the pace of the students' learning ability.
- Incorporate innovative methods of teaching to make learning fun.
- Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings, reading musical publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in musical organizations & teacher audits
- Enhances the reputation of the academy by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Send your cover letter , recordings and resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the email subject line.