HV106 - Hindustani Vocal 106
This course reinforces MandraSwar Sadhana, Alankar and Swar Pehechan. The study of Raga characteristics Vadi, Samvadi, Raga Jaati are detailed out. Ragas learnt are Des and Kaafi. In these Ragas ChhotaKhayal and different compositions are sung. Raga that is revisited is BrindavaniSarang. Swar Vistar is learnt in this Raga. Layakari is done by fractioning every beat in Taal. Student composition is done by figuring out the Chhand or meter of the poetry given. While doing elements of composition, different components of a song are introduced.
Attend online classes from the convenience of your own home
The student needs to complete HV105 from the academy OR the student should be able to: • Sing stable notes perfectly in tune with the Tanpura • Sing Swar Vistar with clarity of understanding in the Raga structure • Sing Chhota Khayal with self-created Aalap and Taan • Create a Sargam Geet and a Tarana • Listen to a musical sound and identify Shudh, Komal and Tivra Swaras • Read notations and also do Swara mapping at a basic level
Batch Size: 3
Duration: 12 weeks, one 45 mins lesson per week
- Raga Des
- Vande Mataram
- Margi and Desi Sangeet
- Raga Kafi
- Raga Brindavani Sarang
- Elements of Composition
- To cultivate regular Swara Sadhana practice routine
- To develop Alankar patterns
- To develop the skill of listening to a musical sound and identifying the Swar, Swar Pehachan
- To learn Layakari, the fractioning of a beat.
- To learn Chhota Khayal singing with SwarVistar, Aalap and Taan in Ragas Des and Kafi and to sing a folk song in Des
- To learn a Swar Vistar in Brindavani Sarang
- To develop an understanding of composing,with an intoduction to components of an ancient traditional composition Sthayi, Antara, Sanchari and Abhog.
- To uderstand the Chhand and Taal in Bhajan.
At the completion of HV106, the student will be able to:
- Sing with a good range of voice, singing low notes and high notes with ease
- Create a variety ofAlankar patterns and sing them
- Identify at least ShudhSwaras in all three Sapthaks
- Perform the Taals learnt in Dugun
- Perform complete ChhotaKhayal and a folk song in Des
- Perform complete ChhotaKhayal in Kaafi incorporating the Thumri style of singing
- Sing Swar Vistar in Brindavani Sarang
- Perform self-composed song.