Note: Click to make sure your microphone, camera, and videoconferencing are all working, and that all required software is installed.
Shankar Mahadevan Academy makes high quality music education available from the convenience of home. All classes, course materials, customer support, teacher/student communication, and assessments are conducted online, and for this reason technology is a key part of the student experience.
To participate in self-study courses, students need the following
- Computer with either Windows 7 (recommended), Windows Vista, Windows XP or Mac OS
- High-speed Internet connection
- Audio headset with microphone
- The following software installed:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer™ version 7 or higher, Firefox™ version 3.0 or higher, or Safari™ 4 or higher
- Adobe Flash™ 6.0 or later
- Electronic Shruthi Box (Electronic Tanpura or Tambura box) -This is required for classical music courses, and is optional but highly recommended for Hindi Movie and Devotional song courses.
- Electronic Taalmala - This is required for all Hindustani classical music courses (Level 102 onwards).
Additional requirements for instructor-led courses:
- Built-in or external webcam for video calls
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries.
Need more information? Contact Us with questions, or view available courses to enroll now,or learn more about our academic policies.