Shankar Mahadevan Academy’s mission is to spread the Joy of Music. The Academy looks for passionate and enthusiastic teachers who take students through their musical journey with guidance and care. This position requires the individual to be highly motivated and dedicated to imparting knowledge with a single-minded focus to imbibe and hone the latent talent of students in the Academy. The teacher will promote and nurture the education of students by planning lessons of study according to guidelines, monitoring, assisting with the academic efforts of the student and providing a safe environment conducive to learning.
Location : Bangalore.
Engagement: Teacher would be required to work as per timeslots provided by the Academy. These would be a total of 40 hours per week in case of full-time & 20 hours per week in case of part time.
Work Timings : Teachers will be required to be flexible for the following time slots, having to work for 8 hours a day.
- Must enroll and complete the Teacher Training Certification (TCC101) successfully. This course is required by the Academy to be completed to quality as a teacher of the Shankar Mahadevan Academy.
- Bachelor’s in music or equivalent diploma or certificate in music from LCM, Trinity or ABRSM.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in teaching music
- Should have the skills to read Sheet Music
- Should be able play and accompany on the guitar for any song available
- Experience in teaching group sessions
- Excellent command over Western Music
- Collaborative teaching skills
- Comfort with technology (using the internet/computers)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good classroom management capability
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Presentation skills
- Self- motivated and ability to motivate others
- Good listening skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Educate students by planning and course of study according to curriculum guidelines of the academy.
- Imparts quality learning to the students & monitors, assists and grades student results by preparing assignments conducting standardized tests in collaboration with the course director.
- Ability to match the course pace along with the pace of the students' learning ability.
- Incorporate innovative methods of teaching to make learning fun.
- Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings, reading musical publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in musical organizations & teacher audits
- Enhances the reputation of the academy by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Send your cover letter , recordings and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the email subject line.