This position requires the individual to be highly motivated and dedicated to imparting knowledge with a single-minded focus to imbibe and hone the latent talent from all students in the Academy. The teacher will promote and nurture the education of students by planning lessons of study according to guidelines, monitoring, assisting with the academic efforts of the student and providing a safe environment conducive to learning.
: Anywhere in India. This position is for an online music teacher, based out of corporate office or home-office as per requirement.
Engagement: Full-time. Teacher would be required to work as per timeslots provided by the Academy.
These would be a total of 40 hours per week with batch timings over weekdays or weekend early mornings/evenings.
- MA in music or equivalent diploma or certificate in Hindustani music
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience teaching music
- Excellent command over Hindustani Classical
- Collaborative teaching
- Comfort with technology (using the internet/computers)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good classroom management capability
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Good presentation skills
- Self- motivated and ability to motivate others
- Good listening skills
- Must enroll and complete the Teacher Training Certification successfully offered as a course by Shankar Mahadevan Academy to qualify for a teacher position.
- Must have a good high speed internet connection
- Educates students by planning and course of study according to curriculum guidelines of the academy.
- Monitors, assists, correct and grades student results by preparing assignments conducting standardized tests in collaboration with the course director.
- Incorporates the Guru-Shishya philosophy of teaching and matches the course pace along with the pace of the students' learning capability.
- Incorporate innovative methods of teaching to make learning fun.
- Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings, reading musical publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in musical organizations.