“Joy of Music”
- To spread the joy of music worldwide
- To make learning music convenient, easy and fun
- To offer an opportunity to learners to achieve internationally established standards of learning.
- To emphasize on exploring and composing music, while learners achieve excellence in skill to perform and teach music.
The academy has 2000+ students from over 34 countries across 18 geographic time zones to pursue their passion for music from the convenience of their homes. The academy offers over 150 courses and has delivered more than 14,000 virtual classes.
The academy is also transforming the way music is taught in schools across India. We have In-Campus
School Programs for school children of all age groups right from kindergarten to Grade 8.
The academy has also been enriching the lives of employees and their families from different companies
across India by offering customized corporate programs.
The courses offered by the academy can be divided into 5 basic categories:
1) Instructor-led online Certificate Programs in Indian Classical Music (Carnatic & Hindustani)
2) Self Study online Programs in Hindi Music Songs, Devotional Music and other popular forms of Indian Music
3) Music Courses for Children
4) School Programs that are taught in classrooms
5) Corporate Programs – where employees can join online courses or request for specific courses designed for the corporate environment that helps alleviate stress and/or build teams.
With the Academy, students have access to:
A structured classical music curriculum
Hindustani and Carnatic music programs are designed by highly regarded artists and are endorsed by Shankar Mahadevan and other famous contemporaries. Levels, assessments, and certifications enable students to pursue serious learning of music.
Self-study Hindi Movie and Devotional songs
These courses are offered in a self-study format, making it easy and affordable for music enthusiasts anywhere in the world to learn from the convenience of home, whether for a talent competition, special event, or just for fun. For select songs, instructor-led courses are also available.
The OM Book™, a unique self-learning tool
The OM Book, or Online Music Book, is central to learning at the Academy. The OM Book for each course includes a rich set of content from which students can practice and learn, including instructional videos from renowned artists that are designed to make it easy for students to learn complex music concepts.
Riyaaz, an integrated practice tool
Students get unlimited singing practice with tools for recording and playing back their voices. These recordings can also be submitted for expert feedback.
Collaborative, online virtual classes
Instructor-led courses include weekly virtual classes with a teacher and a small group of students conducted in the famous "Gurukul" tradition, allowing students to demonstrate and fine the music skills learned from practicing with the OM Book.
Take a tour
of the academy or view available courses