This series of four courses is for students who have less than one year of experience learning Indian/Hidustani music, and establishes a strong foundation for future learning. It begins with the history of Hindustani music, the basic seven notes, finding one’s own pitch, perfection of the seven Swaras through Alankaras (voice exercises), introduction to Shuddha (normal octave), Komal (flat octave) and Tivra (higher octave), alankaras and the concepts of Taal. Following this, students are introduced to Raag Yaman and learn to sing a “Bandish” (musical composition) in Raag Yaman in teen taal. They then learn Raag Durga, Raag Malkuns, Raag Bhimplaas, Raag Bhoop with Bandish, taan and tarana in the respective ragas.
Prerequisites: Anyone above the age of 6 yrs. Interest in music and curiosity to discover the joy of learning are the only other prerequisites.
This course is ideal for students looking to take their first steps into the world of Hindustani Vocal Music. The course aims at providing a strong foundation where learning is a process of constant d..more
Prerequisites: In order to enrol for level 2 the students should have completed Hindustani Vocal Beginner 101 from Academy or must demonstrate the ability to sing Shudh Swaras and simple Alankar patterns in different rhythm structures.
This course builds on the foundation set by the first course and introduces the student to the concept of building block of music, Swaras. By mapping mapping Swaras to popular songs, students develop ..more
Prerequisites: Student should have completed HV102 from the academy OR; the student should have the ability to: • Create and sing Alankar patterns
• Render Chhota Khayal Bandish with simple Aalap and Taan • Create a Sargam Geet
The process of identifying Swaras may seem daunting but in reality it can be taught in such a way that the learner can pick up this skill by connecting the right dots. This is what the Beginner Hindus..more
Prerequisites: Student needs to complete HV103 at the academy ‘OR’ the student should demonstrate the ability
• To sing stable notes perfectly in tune with the Tanpura.
• To sing Chhota Khayal with simple self-created Aalap and Taan.
• To create a Sargam Geet.
• To listen to a musical sound and identify Swara
After having introduced the student to Swara mapping in the previous courses, this course focuses on Swara identification. The ability to identify the musical notes by listening to sounds is developed..more
Prerequisites: Student needs to complete HV104 at the academy OR the student should be able to:
• Sing stable notes perfectly in tune with the Tanpura.
• Sing Chhota Khayal with self-created Aalap and Taan.
• Create a Sargam Geet and a Tarana
• Listen to a musical sound and identify Swaras
• Read notations and also do Swara mapping at a basic level.
This course adds more creative elements to the Chhota Khayal composition. The principles and guidelines to create SwarVistar are featured. Aalap, BolAalap and Taan are practised to perform with confid..more
Prerequisites: The student needs to complete HV105 from the academy OR the student should be able to:
• Sing stable notes perfectly in tune with the Tanpura
• Sing Swar Vistar with clarity of understanding in the Raga structure
• Sing Chhota Khayal with self-created Aalap and Taan
• Create a Sargam Geet and a Tarana
• Listen to a musical sound and identify Shudh, Komal and Tivra Swaras
• Read notations and also do Swara mapping at a basic level
This course reinforces MandraSwar Sadhana, Alankar and Swar Pehechan. The study of Raga characteristics Vadi, Samvadi, Raga Jaati are detailed out. Ragas learnt are Des and Kaafi. In these Ragas Chhot..more
Prerequisites: The student should have completed HV106 from the academy ‘OR’ the student should be able to:
• Perform Chhota Khayal with self-created Aalap and Taan in at least 4 Ragas along with SwaraVistar
• Sing a Tarana in any Raga and should be able to create Alankar patterns and sing them, compose and sing a Swar Maalika and Tarana
• recite Teentaal and Jhaptaal fluently and should be able to sing a Bhajan.
This course focuses on singing the Ragas done with ease and navigating from one Raga to another. This also includes Raga Pecehan, identification of Raga by listening to the tunes. The highlights of th..more
Prerequisites: The student should have completed HV107 at the academy or the student should be able to:
• Present Chhota Khayal in at least 5 Ragas with self-created Aalap, Taan and Swar Vistar.
• Render a Dhrupad composition with Dugun and Chougun.
• Compose and sing a Tarana.
This is the concluding course of the Beginners Level. The student reviews the various Ragas learnt until now and also works on the ability to switch from one Raga to another with ease. Articulating th..more
One 45 min online class every week for 12 weeks from the convenience of your own home
Separate adult and kid batches
Maximum batch size of 3 with option to upgrade to single student batch at the time of enrollment.
Learning beyond the class hours. You can practice and re-enforce your learning anytime anywhere using OMBook, a unique self-learning tool
You can submit your practice recordings and assignments for in-depth audio feedback from your teacher.
You will have access to your class recordings.
You will get a grade and certificate at the end of course
You can share your audio recordings with the academy community and your friends in facebook
Available on smartphones and tablets (IOS and Android platforms)