The course HV110 is the concluding course of the Beginners Level, before the Re level certification course.
The student is introduced to Raga Bhimpalasi and reviews Ragas learnt until now. Ragas Kafi and Des are revised in detail along with the Chhota Khayal and Tarana. The student works on the ability to switch from one Raga to another with ease. Articulating the emotions created by each of these Ragas, the student does the creative exercise of using Raga sound clips as a back ground score for a given story or verse. The sound clips are created by using Aalap.
The student learns a Bhajan in Raga Hamsadhwani. The Swara exercises are done in Hamsadhwani, Bhimpalasi and Raga characteristics of the Ragas Bhimpalasi and Hamsadhwani are studied.
- Gain mastery over switching Ragas
- Review the Ragas learnt with focus on Swar Vistar and Aalap
- Evaluate the mood created by the Raga rendition based on the feature- Raga Prakriti
- To understand how the Thaat as a system differs from Raga as an entity
- Do Swara Sadhana, Swara patterning exercises and Swar Vistar in Ragas Bhimpalasi and Hamsadhwani
- Learn Chhota Khayal with Swar Vistar, Aalap and Taan in Raga Bhimpalasi.
- Learn a Bhajan in Raga Hamsadhwani set in Taal Rupak
- Study the Raga characteristics of Ragas Bhimpalasi and Hamsdhwani
- Creating sound clips as a background to a given verse or prose, by applying the idea of Aalap and Raga Prakriti
- Practicing Swar Vistar of different Ragas and gleaning out small sections that are suitable to create sound clips
The student should have completed HV109 from the academy OR
The student should be able to:
- Perform Chhota Khayal with self-created Aalap and Taan in at least 8 Ragas along with SwaraVistar,
- Sing a Tarana in any Raga,
- Create Alankar patterns in different Ragas and sing them,
- Compose and sing a Swar Maalika and a Tarana,
- Recite Teentaal, Dadra, Rupak and Jhaptaal
- Sing a Bhajan
Raga Bhimpalasi Chhota Khayal
- Bhimpalasi Aaroh Avaroh
- Bhimpalasi Swar Vistar
- Bhimpalasi Chhota Khayal
- Bhimpalasi Chhota Khayal Aalap and Taan
- Raga Hamsadhwani Aaroh Avaroh, Swar Vistar
- Hamsadhwani Alankar
- Bhajan in Hamsadhwani
Review of Ragas
- Creating a Background score
At the completion of HV110, the student will be able to:
- Switch Aaroh Avaroh with Alankar patterns of the Ragas learnt
- Listen to an Aalap and identify the Raga in which it is sung
- Identify the mood created by each of these Ragas and create sound clips for a background score
- Sing Swar Vistar by articulating the Raga characteristics of that Raga
- Perform Raga Bhimpasi Swar Vistar and Alankar patterns
- Perform aga Hamsadhwani Swar Vistar and Alankar
- Perform complete Chhota Khayal with Swar Vistar, in Raga Bhimpalasi
- Sing a Bhajan in Raga Hamsadhwani
- Identify Ashray Ragas and Janya Ragas among the Ragas learnt.