Katyar to Kajrare
Dream of sharing a stage with your idol Shankar Mahadevan! Here's a golden opportunity to do just that.
Shankar Mahadevan Academy and Sennheiser India present the "Katyar to Kajrare" contest for the students of Shankar Mahadevan Academy.
This time we want to hear the songs sung or composed by the Maestro and rendered by you.
Participating in this contest is easy!
- Read the Contest Highlights and Terms & Conditions (scroll below) for participation
- Enroll for the contest by selecting the category you wish to participate in
- Upload your recording of any Shankar Mahadevan song in the file formats given below
- Winning Prizes (Terms & Conditions apply):
The winner in each of the category gets:
- A chance to sing with Shankar Mahadevan at SANGAM 2016
- Goodies from Sennheiser, India
Expert feedback will be based on the following 10 parameters:
||Quality of voice
||Range of voice
||Singing in pitch
||Singing in tune
||Pronunciation of lyrics
||Mood and Expression
||Creativity - Improvisation
||Overall impact – winning component
For any other queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- The participant must be an active student of Shankar Mahadevan Academy. A participant who is not an active student of the Academy would be disqualified.
- The participant may be of any age.
- The participant must select the category (Kids for those under 14) and Aduts (for 14 and above)
- The song selected must be one that has been either sung by Shankar Mahadevan or composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
- Instruments which can be used are Tanpura (Instrument, Electronic, App), Tabla (Instrument, Taalmala, App) and Manjira. Do not use Harmonium or Keyboard.
- Karaoke tracks are allowed but any processing to the voice of the singer would be disqualified.
- The maximum duration of the rendition should not exceed 6 minutes.
- The file size of the uploaded song should not exceed 15MB
- Acceptable file formats are: mp3, m4a, wma, amr, wav
- You can upload/record only a single rendition of your song for feedback. Please ensure that you upload the correct file. No requests for changing the file that is submitted initially will be entertained.
- Each submission gives you access to feedback for one rendition only.
- Any complaints related to the feedback will be addressed according to the discretion of the Academy.
- One winner would be chose from each category (Kids & Adults). In case of a tie, the winners would be called for a second round (Webex) with the curriculum heads.
- The uploaded content will not be returned to the student and will be archived. The Academy reserves the right to use the rendition as it deems fit.
- Winner would have to register for SANGAM 2015 in order to participate.
- Anybody from anywhere in the world can apply. The Academy will not be liable for any travel, travel related issues or damages arising out of travel.